Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gotta Love a Writer With Spunk

I have to share this Seattle Post Intellegencer article, because I think it gives writers a very good idea of the level of commitment that is needed from authors if they intend to succeed in a grueling publishing environment.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/books/315650_macomber15.html

I truly admire Debbie Macomber's commitment and spunk, not just now after she's been published, but throughout the five years when she wrote her first novels on a rented typewriter!

Slated for January 1st 2009 Release . . . Married in Seattle.

3 comments:

Tia said...

So she wrote for twenty years before finding success. Hmm . . . it's been about that long for me.

Diary of a Fiction Writer said...

Hi Tia,

With two novels completed and your third underway, I'd say you are well on your way to being one of the next not so over-night success stories I'll be featuring on my blog :-)

Honestly, I have a whole lot more admiration for writers who have the passion to persevere, as opposed to a whole lot of luck.

Tia said...

Thank you! The more I write, the more I love it. This third novel is going along so well; I'm quite excited about it.