Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Blog by Any Other Name

For the record, this blog has undergone two name changes since its inception on April 7, 2006. At the time, I was a newly appointed fiction editor for a monthly on-line literary magazine, thus the original title of this blog . . . Diary of a Literary Fiction editor.

But, life being what it is sometimes--a series of dead ends--I resigned from my position as fiction editor in September, 2007 when it become clear the newly appointed managing editor was taking the publication in a new direction--a direction I wasn't editorially on board with. The publication has since folded, or so it seems since it hasn't posted a new issue since November of 2006. Shortly thereafter I renamed my blog . . . Diary of a Literary Fiction Writer.

Now, with the manuscript for my first novel under review with Harlequin, I felt compelled to rename the blog once again to . . . Diary of a Fiction Writer. And I do know a little something about the differences between mainstream, genre and literary writing--enough to know the lines often blur. Wrote a little article about it once for Absolute Write Magazine. http://www.absolutewrite.com/specialty_writing/artless_fiction.htm

My blog by any other name is still my blog . . . the diary of my journey up, over, in, out, through, and around the many roads to publication.

Stay tuned for an update on my progress regarding seeking an agent and or publisher for my first novel. I may have to rename my blog once again to . . . Diary of a Literary Juggler. Just how many requested partials resulting from simultaneous agent queries can one writer handle before they all come crashing to the ground. I'm about to find out!

No comments: